STUDY-READY RECIPES FOR ENERGY AND CONCENTRATION (FROM THE DINING HALL!)
Studying for finals is time consuming, stressful, and completely draining. As you are planning out your study week, don’t forget to pencil in some times to eat! Food is essential to studying because it provides us with energy and helps us concentrate. Still, I know you have basically NO TIME to eat, so I have gathered a few quick recipes to get you through the remainder of the semester. Bonus: You can get all of this stuff from your dining hall!
- 1 banana
- 1 wheat wrap
- 1 container of peanut butter or sunbutter
- Grab a wheat wrap from the sandwich station, a pack of peanut/sunbutter from the bagel station and a banana from the fruit station.
- Spread peanut-sunbutter on the wheat wrap.
- Roll the wrap around the banana.
- Banana Dog!
To-Go Cup Hummus and Veggies
This isn’t so much a recipe as it is a genius, obvious idea!
- Your favorite veggies
- Go to the sandwich station and ask for a big scoop of hummus in a to-go cup.
- Pick out your favorite veggies at the salad bar and put them in the cup.
- Dip out!
- Greek Yogurt
- Fruit of your choice (blueberries and grapes are my favorite.
- Go to the fruit and yogurt station and layer greek yogurt, fruit and granola.
- Repeat until cup is ¾ full
- Go to the salad bar and add your favorite nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans, etc.)
- Grab a spoon and dig in!
Cheese ‘n Cukes Carb Curbers
- Cheddar Cheese
- Grab a to-go cup.
- Head over to the salad bar and fill the cup with cucumber slices and cheddar cheese slices.
- When you are ready to study, make adorable sandwiches with cucumbers on the outside and cheese on the inside.
Written and Researched by Sarah Pasquarelli, Peer Educator