SURVIVOR SERIES: How to survive that 8 AM class
Every college student tries to avoid the dreaded 8 am class like the plague. After all who would want to get up before everyone else on campus? Unfortunately most of us will end up taking one at some point in our college careers. These classes aren’t all bad once you get the hang of them. They help prepare you for the real world when waking up at 8 am or earlier is an every day occurrence and you have more time throughout the day to be more productive and get things done! However, it can definitely be hard to see things that way as your hitting the snooze alarm 3 times in a row, so here are a few tips to make it a little more manageable.
1) Plan Ahead: Plan the outfit that you are going to wear the night before and make sure that your backpack is all ready to go. This can ease the early morning rush out the door.
2) Take breakfast to go: If you don’t have time to eat a full breakfast bring something to go like a granola bar or fruit. This gives you some extra time and the extra energy you need to get through that class.
3) COFFEE: This can be a lifesaver.
4) Get to bed early: Going to bed at a reasonable time can make getting up at that ungodly hour a little more manageable, and we all know that classes are a little easier to deal with after you’ve gotten your 8 hours of sleep.
5) Don’t hit the snooze button: As tempting as this may be this may actually make you more tired. Set one alarm and tell yourself to get up when it goes off. A good trick is to keep your alarm clock far away from your bed that way you are forced to get out of bed to turn it off.
For more tips:
Jessica Sauerwald, Peer Educator