SURVIVOR SERIES: SURVIVING GETTING AN STD
Sexual transmitted deseases are a growing problem in the college community. Although you may go away to college thinking this is the beginning of a new exploration, you must be knowledgeable and able to understand what STD’s are, how you get them, and how you can prevent them!
common STD’s include, but are not limited to:
How STD’s are transmitted
- Having unprotected sexual contact (Oral, Vaginal, Anal)
- The contact of sexual fluids between you and a partner
- Not getting yourself tested
How you can prevent STD’s
- Use protection! This goes beyond the birth control pill and other forms. In order to prevent from STD’s condoms are your best option
- Get yourself tested!
- GYT week is April 11th-13th from 11am-3pm. 100 Free tests of Chlamydia & Gonorrhea
Statistical facts regarding STD’s
- 1 in 4 college students have an STD
- Only 54% of college students use condoms
- 80% of people with an STD experience no symptoms
Written and Researched by Jenna Uryevick, Peer EducatorPhoto Cred:here