TUESDAY RECIPE: OZ GREEN CINNAMON SWIRL SANDWICH
During the fall, apples are everything. In Upstate New York this could not be truer. With Ontario Orchards just around the corner, and schedules starting to pick up, it can seem hard to find time to eat lunch. Ice packs can weigh you down and some food require too much effort. If you are on the move and eating as you go the recipe below is a healthy, delicious, portable, and an ice pack-free meal!
Key: DH – Available in the Dining Hall
1 Green Apple (Can be taken from DH or if you’re up for the adventure, pick it from the Orchards!)
2 Slices of Cinnamon Bread (DH)
1 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter (Spice things up with almond or sunflower-based butters) (DH)
1 Teaspoon Honey (DH)
1 Teaspoon Organic Granola (DH)
- Slice apple into thin, flat pieces.
- Lightly toast bread (While no longer warm, the bread will remain stiffer and easier to maintain form).
- Spread peanut butter onto bread.
- Dab granola onto peanut butter.
- Place apples onto peanut butter and granola.
- Pour honey onto apples.
Researched by Emily Cooley, Peer Educator
Photo Cred: Peanut Butter