TUESDAY RECIPE: RAINBOW FRUIT SKEWERS
While prevailing sentiments of looks mattering the most may be increasingly fluid and empty, this idea is not lost on food. And while the skies may be turning grey, nothing says sunshine like some brightly colored, healthy fruit skewers.
Key: Can be found at any Dining Hall (DH)
6 Skewers (Or, Make Mini Skewers Using Toothpicks!)
6 Raspberries (DH)
3 Orange Segments (From 1 Large Orange), Cut In Half (DH)
6 Chunks of Pineapple (DH)
1 Large Kiwi, Peeled and Cut Into 12 1″ Chunks (DH)
12 Blueberries (DH)
6 Red Seedless Grapes
1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
- Lay out 6 skewers (or 12 toothpicks).
- Wash fruit off in the sink.
- Cut orange into segments. (If using toothpicks, cut each piece of fruit in half)
- Taking one skewer (or toothpick), slide a raspberry to the top of the stick.
- Next add chunks of orange, pineapple, kiwi, and 2 blueberries. (Cut recipe in half for toothpicks!)
- Repeat for each skewer.
Written by Peer Educator Stacy Palacios
Photo Cred: Elizabeth Stark