TUESDAY RECIPE: APPLE OATMEAL BOWL
Between classes, work, and extra-curricular activities, mornings can sometimes feel like a blur. Whether it’s the speed at which you have to get up and be out the door or the long commute to campus you have, it can seem easy to leave supposedly unnecessary aspects out of your day. Cue breakfast. Frequently removed from the equation, breakfast is one thing that should never be avoided. Below is an easy recipe to fuel a busy student!
Key: DH – Available in the Dining Hall
1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon (DH)
1 Apple (DH)
1 Teaspoon of Honey (DH)
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Oats (Some of the dining halls’ granolas work as an equally opportune alternative!)
1/3 Cup Water (Heated)
Optional: fruits, raisins, berries, and/or nuts (DH)
- Clean, half cut, and core the apple (This will become your very own mini bowl for the oatmeal).
- Drizzle honey and cinnamon onto the apple halves.
- Microwave apple halves for 1 to 2 minutes (or until apple is softened).
- In microwavable cup, heat water for 2 minutes.
- Now, combine oats, cinnamon, and water.
- Layer peanut butter on bottom of apple halves.
- Place oatmeal into apple bowls and enjoy!
Written by Xaria Anderson, Peer Educator