TUESDAY RECIPE: AVOCADO FRIES
If you are like me, you probably gained a few pounds over winter break. Now, this isn’t our fault. Chances are, you were surrounded with pies, pizzas, drinks, fried food, and sugar for the last month. This isn’t always a bad thing, but if you are looking to get healthier for the new semester it can be helpful to find new alternatives to your favorite naughty foods. French fries are one of my biggest weaknesses so one of my favorite new recipes is one for avocado fries! (Yes, you read that correctly. And yes, they are delicious).
3 avocados, sliced
1/2 c. ranch
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
Freshly ground black pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1/4 cup ranch dressing and lime juice.
- Dip each avocado slice in ranch, then in panko bread crumbs, coating all over.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Season avocado fries with salt and pepper and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
Researched by Sarah Pasquarelli, Peer Mentor