TUESDAY RECIPE: BREAKFAST BURRITO
For the days where you don’t want to head out to the dining hall, you can try out a simple breakfast recipe that can save you anytime and has a healthier, low calorie alternative. A breakfast tortilla is both a healthy and tasty switch to the start of your day. This recipe can be achieved by heading out to a local store and buying a few key ingredients.
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 egg whites
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup fat-free cheese
- 1/4 cup rinsed canned beans (such as pinto beans or black beans)
- Salsa (to taste)
1. Spray vegetable cooking spray into a frying pan.
2. Scramble the egg whites in the pan and cook to the desired degree of doneness.
3. Place the cooked eggs on the tortillas.
4. Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs.
5. Place the beans over the cheese and eggs.
6. Roll each tortilla into a wrap.
7. Microwave for 30 seconds.
8. Spoon salsa on top
Xaria Anderson, Peer Educator