TUESDAY RECIPE: CELERY BOAT BITES
In a rush? Here’s a quick snack loaded with nutrients and energy to get you through the day. Sink your teeth into the crunchy texture of this mouthwatering celery boat. The refreshing aroma of crisp celery and the peanut butter on top will make you crave each and every bite. The taste of this flavored filled crunch is something you won’t be able to get out of your head. So enjoy yourself and sail away with celery boats!
Celery boats are a super easy snack you can make even at the dining hall! They are super convenient and you don’t even have to go to the store to get your ingredients. Although you can always make it fresh and go to your local market to get the ingredients on your own.
- Peanut Butter
Then add any of the following:
- Dried Fruit
- Knife / Spreader
- Gather your ingredients including a knife!
- Place the celery sticks on your plate (with the wedge side of it facing up).
- Spread the peanut butter in the wedge of the celery stick! Put as much peanut butter as you like but try to cover the whole stick.
- Add your extra ingredient (nuts, seeds, raisins, dried fruit) on top of the peanut butter. It should stick right too it!
- ALL DONE! Enjoy your snack.
Written and Researched by Peer Educator, Megan Tuohey