TUESDAY RECIPE: CUCUMBER TURKEY ROLL-UPS
With summer quickly approaching, a lot of us are becoming more concerned with how our bodies are going to look exposed in direct sunlight. While all bodies are beautiful (even the jiggly ones), it is still good to start eating clean for the summer. We have been cooped inside eating Cheetos all winter and it is time to emerge from our caves. Regular deli sandwiches are a fine option for lunch but if you want to take a break from the carbs but still need a yummy option, try these low-carb, deli-friendly roll-ups. Bonus: you get to take advantage of fresh, summer produce!
1 Large Cucumber
2 Tablespoons of Hummus or Cream Cheese
3 Slices of Deli Turkey
2 Tablespoons of your Favorite Sprinkle-able (yes, it’s a word) Cheese (feta, bleu, and mozzarella work great)
Anything else you can fit (chopped veggies, shredded carrots, diced tomatoes, olives, roasted red peppers)
- Thinly slice the cucumbers lengthwise (vegetable peeler works well) and set them on a paper towel to dry.
- Spread hummus or cream cheese on cucumber slices.
- Cut thin strips of the turkey and place them on the cucumber slices.
- Spread another thin layer of hummus and cream cheese on top of the turkey (so your toppings will stick).
- Load em’ up! Sprinkle your cheese and veggies on top.
- Try to roll them up. If you put too much stuff in them, it will probably be tough to roll them neatly but who really cares what they look like as long as they taste good, right?
Written by Sarah Pasquarelli, Peer Educator
Photo Cred: Cucumber Turkey Roll-ups