TUESDAY RECIPE: DIRT PIE!
It’s time to celebrate Earth Day! There are tons of festive foods and snacks you can share with friends to enjoy this time of the year. Personally, my housemate and I made a brand new dish: The Dirt Pie. We absolutely loved it and recommend you give it a try. Just follow the next few steps and you’ll be on your way to a tasty new dessert.
The Dirt Pie is visually appealing. I was nearly drooling when I saw the completed dish for the first time. You can smell the chocolatey aroma from the complete opposite side of the house. Its gooey and soft, has a texture like pudding but is much much better than that! The sugary viscosity taste will fill your mouth as you crave for another bite.
- 8 oz. of cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ stick of butter
- 3 ½ cups of milk
- 12 oz. of cool whip
- 2 boxes of vanilla pudding
- 1 bag of gummy worms
- 1 bag of oreos
Also: 2 giant bowls, a pan, & a stack of plastic cups (to share with friends).
- Grab your first bowl! Mix the butter, sugar, and cream cheese into the bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Grab another bowl. Mix the milk, pudding, and cool whip together.
- Once you have completed both of those, combine the two bowls. Mix the combination around until everything is smoothed out and nice.
- Take out the oreos. You can crush them with a food processor or just do it yourself! Make sure the oreos are in tiny pieces.
- Add the layer of crushed oreos to the top of the dirt pie!
- Next, add in the gummy worms. Use as many gummy worms as you like. They make the dirt pie decorative and yummy.
- Once you are done, but the dirt pie in the pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Now you can serve the dirt pie in cups to your friends. Enjoy!
Written and Researched by Peer Educator, Megan Tuohey
Photo Cred & Source:here