TUESDAY RECIPE: GO NUTS! FRUIT BARS
Ever felt in the mood for an energizing snack? Perhaps you want to jump on the DIY bandwagon or create it on your own. Maybe you want that sugary taste that you crave and the protein that you need in a daily serving. Well, this sweet and crunchy bar made of mixed fruit and nuts will fulfill your taste buds and help you stay awake.
Key: DH – Available in the Dining Hall
½ Cup of Flour
1/8 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
1/8 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
1/3 Cup Of Packed Brown Sugar
3 Cups of Dried Fruit, chopped up (Use Your Favorites: Apricots, Dates, Cherries, and Pineapples are great options!)
1 ½ Cups of Dry Roasted Nuts, chopped up (Pecans and almonds are some good ones; find them at the dining hall!)
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and baking powder together in a large bowl until evenly distributed.
- Add sugar, fruits, and nuts into the mixture (All fruit and nuts should be coated).
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg with vanilla until frothy and thick.
- Stir eggs into flour mixture.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- EAT & ENJOY!
Researched by Jaydee Maldonado, Peer Educator
Photo Cred: Go Nuts Bar