TUESDAY RECIPE: HEALTHIER RAMEN NOODLES
Ramen Noodles are a staple for any college kid, and although they are not one of the healthiest foods to be eating, their convenience is unbeatable. There is also a way to make them a bit healthier, just add vegetables! Adding some vegetables adds extra nutrients that are needed by the body, and also makes one package more filling.
-Raman Noodles package
-Vegetables of choice (I used ½ cup broccoli, ½ cup brussel sprouts, ½ cup frozen spinach.)
- Choose the vegetables and amount you would like, and chop them to bite-size pieces.
- Boil 2 cups water, add vegetables and boil, covered, for about 3 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Add noodles and cook for 3 minutes. Make sure that the noodles are submerged in the water, under the already cooked vegetables.
- Remove from heat, and add flavoring package.
- Stir until flavor is spread throughout.
- Put in a bowl and enjoy!
Natalie Sumski, Peer Educator