TUESDAY RECIPE: HEALTHY BROWNIES
Have you ever met a person who hates brownies? No? Me neither! These black bean brownies are a healthy alternative to the traditional, calorie and sugar dense fudge brownies. This recipe replaces some of the not-so-healthy ingredients with healthy substitutions that taste just as yummy! And the best part is, you cannot even tell the difference. Don’t believe me? Try them yourself!
1 Can Of Black Beans (15 Oz.) (Drained And Rinsed Very Well)
2 Teaspoons Of Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup Quick Oats
1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
1/3 Cup Maple Syrup or Honey
2 Teaspoons of Sugar
1/4 Cup Coconut or Vegetable Oil
2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
2/3 Cup Of Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients except chips in a good food processor or blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Optional: sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, then let cool for at least 10 minutes.
Researched by Sarah Pasquarelli, Peer Educator
Photo Cred: Brownies