TUESDAY RECIPE: LOADED NACHOS (VEGETARIAN AND GLUTEN FREE)
Whether you’re a vegetarian, gluten-free, or eat pretty much anything, we’re sure you’ll like this easy-to-make twist on a classic snack:
* Corn tortilla chips
* 1/2 cup cooked black beans
* 1/3 cup frozen corn kernels
* ¼ diced onion
* 1/4 cup shredded cheese
* 2-3 scoops of your preferred salsa
* 1 scoop sour cream
Optional: dash of lemon juice and small handful of cilantro, if you’re feeling extra fancy
- Get a plate and lay out the corn tortillas so that they cover the entire plate with minimal overlap between chips.
- Cook the black beans and frozen corn according to their directions.
- Get a spoon to scoop the black beans and put them as evenly as possible over the corn chips. Do the same with the corn and diced onion.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top. The whole plate can go into the microwave for 10-12 seconds if you want the cheese to be more melted.
- Top with salsa and sour cream
Elana Ginsburg, Lifestyles Center Intern
Katy Osborn, Peer Educator