TUESDAY RECIPE: SPINACH AND FETA PANINI PRESS-LESS SANDWICH
This is a recipe that can be made for various occasions; whether as a comfort food, a snack for a small party, or just a quick recipe made for friends, this sandwich is great. It features many beloved ingredients such as CHEESE. In fact, one of the best things about this recipe is that these simple ingredients can be picked up in almost any store and used for other recipes that you might cook later on.
Key: DH – Available in the Dining Hall
½ Tbsp Olive Oil (DH)
1 Clove Garlic
¼ Lb. Frozen Cut Spinach
Pinch Of Salt & Pepper (DH)
2 Ciabatta Rolls
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (DH)
1 Oz. Feta Cheese (DH)
Pinch Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- Mince garlic and add it to a skillet with the olive oil.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes, or until it begins to soften.
- Add the frozen spinach, turn the heat up to medium, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cut the rolls in half.
- Add about ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella and ½ oz. Of feta to the bottom half of each roll.
- Divide the cooked spinach between the two sandwiches.
- Top with a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Place the top half of the ciabatta roll on the sandwiches and transfer them to a large non-stick skillet.
- Fill a large pot with a few inches of water to create weight,
- Place the pot on top of the sandwiches to press them down like a panini press.
- Turn the heat on to medium-low and cook until the sandwiches are crispy on the bottom.
- Carefully flip the sandwiches, place the weighted pot back on top, and cook until crispy on the other side and the cheese is melted.
Researched By Xaria Anderson, Peer Educator
Photo Cred: Spinach-Feta grilled cheese