TUESDAY RECIPE: STUFFED STRAWBERRIES
Let’s say you get an invite to a potluck. If you’re like the typical college student, the first thing that crosses your mind is probably “what’s easiest?” Well, when you start thinking about what kind of food is easy to make, you’ll also want to make something people will enjoy. Follow me through this week’s recipe as I introduce to you not only an easy and delicious snack, but a healthy one as well.
8 Ounces of Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 Pound of Big Fresh Strawberries (size may vary to medium)
1/4 Teaspoon of Mini Chocolate Chips or/and Pistachios.
Feel free to experiment as well! This recipe could be great with some shredded almonds, granola, or blueberries as well. In fact, try mixing in spices like cinnamon
for that extra kick.
- Cut the tops off of the strawberries.
- Hollow out the insides by using a small spoon.
- Using a pastry frosting bag or small spoon to fill strawberries with Greek yogurt.
- Sprinkle with pistachios, chocolate chips, or your experimental toppings!
- Refrigerate up to 1 hour to set.
Written by Stacy Palacios, Peer-Educator.
Photo Cred: Stuffed Strawberries