TUESDAY RECIPE: TOASTY APPLE SANDWICH
Fall is here my dear friend!
Do you know what it means? Apples are everywhere and as a result, you might be asking yourself what to do with all the apples you have. Whether headed to the orchards, or simply stopping by the store, after getting your hands on some juicy red ones, here is a great recipe to take care of your growing autumn problem:
Key: Can be found at any Dining Hall (DH)
2 Small Apples (DH)
3 Tablespoons Peanut or Sunflower Butter (DH)
2 Tablespoons Raisins and Chocolate Chips (DH)
3 Tablespoons Granola (DH)
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice (Optional)
- Core and cut apples crosswise into 1/2-inch thick rounds (it may also be easier to slice the apples into rounds and then core with a knife).
- Place apples into oven or conventional toaster for 5 minutes.
- Spread one side of the apple slices with peanut/sunflower butter.
- Sprinkle with raisins and chocolate chips
- Add granola to top off of the spread.
- Pressing down gently, make your apples into sandwiches.
Note: If you won’t be eating these tasty treats immediately, start by brushing the apples slices with lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.
Researched by Stacy Palacios, Peer Educator
Photo Cred: apple sandwich