TUESDAY RECIPE: TORTILLA PIZZA
Pizza is a nation-wide weakness, whether we like it or not. We can’t help that we constantly crave the cheesy gooeyness of a deep-dish pizza pie! You know you’ll be hitting up Dominos and Franco’s multiple times this semester. So admit it? You’re addicted. You can never get enough pizza in your life. You’ll finish a slice and think to yourself, do I want another? No… I NEED another. I mean, really though, who only eats one slice?
Tortilla pizzas are the best remedy to this crazy pizza addiction. It’s a change from the high calorie carbs you usually eat, but hey you know it’s for the best! It’s time to take a break from the unhealthy side, and join the wild side. And yes, by “wild” I mean “healthy.” Tortilla pizzas are so much healthier in almost every aspect compared to a normal pizza. The best part is, tortilla pizzas take only 10 minutes to make! It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s 100% enjoyable. The majority of toppings can even be found in your dining hall! Such as tomatoes, black olives, and avocados. Below is the full list of ingredients that you’ll need.
1 Flour Tortilla
1-2 tbsp. of Marinara Sauce
1 Cup of Cheddar Cheese
2 Green Onions
1/3 Cup of Black Olives
Tah-da! Now that you’ve gathered all your ingredients together, it’s time to rumble and not grumble.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Poke holes in the tortilla with a toothpick or a fork.
(If you don’t do this, the tortilla will puff up when being cooked)
- Place the tortilla (without the other ingredients) on a baking sheet.
- Bake the tortilla for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the tortilla from the oven, and add the marinara sauce and cheese.
- Bake for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients: Tomatoes, avocados, black olives, and green onions.
Source for recipe: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/crispy-mexican-tortilla-pizza/
Written by Megan Tuohey, Peer Educator
Photo Cred: Here