TUESDAY RECIPE: TRISCUIT BRUSCHETTA BITES
Triscuit bruschetta bites are a refreshing, inexpensive, healthy snack that can be made even while in a rush. They’re perfect for college students!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 40 TRISCUIT Crackers
- 1 pack of reduced fat cream cheese
- Combine the tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, green onions, and dressing
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese over each cracker
- Top the crackers with the tomato mixture
- Only make as many as you would like to eat. They do not store well. Because they cannot be stacked on top of one another, they would take up a lot of fridge space.
- Switch up some ingredients! Use a different type of cracker, if you have one you prefer. Or try some vegetable cream cheese to give the snack more excitement
- Throw some garlic salt into your tomato mixture! Garlic adds flavor to any dish, don’t be too generous though. Adding too much salt will defeat the purpose of a healthy snack.
Researched and written by Peer Educator, Colleen MacBride
Photo Cred: here