TUESDAY RECIPE: TROPICAL TORTILLAS
With the weather being crazy lately, I thought finding a recipe that makes us think about warm weather (and summer) may trick Mother Nature into bringing back the sun. This wrap will take your taste buds on a ride to some tropical destination; may it be the Caribbean or Fiji. The sweetness of the cantaloupe and green apple slices gives you that hint of summer. It also goes great with Cranberry Walnut dressing. The almonds give the wrap a nice crunch. Overall, this is a great recipe if you want to daydream about the days where you could lounge around on the beach!
1 Cup Of Fresh Spinach
¼ Cup Of Diced Green Apples
2 Small Green Bell Peppers
¼ Cup Of Diced Cantaloupe
1 Serving Of Fat Free Croutons
1 Tablespoon Of Craisins
1 Tablespoon Of Almonds
1 Tablespoon Of Cranberry Walnut Dressing
1 Whole Grain Tortilla
- Dice the green apples and cantaloupe into bite size pieces.
- Cut up the green bell pepper into small pieces.
- At the spinach to the tortilla.
- Then add the cantaloupe and green apple to the wrap.
- Then add the green bell pepper.
- Then sprinkle the craisins, almonds, and croutons evenly throughout the wrap.
- Then drizzle the Cranberry Walnut dressing.
- Wrap it up like a burrito and then enjoy!
For the full recipe: http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/post/11993702642
Researched By: Peer Educator Emily Cooley
Photo Cred: tropical tortillas