TUESDAY RECIPE: ZOMBIE FINGERS (I MEAN, ZUCCHINI FRIES)
October already? Better get into the Halloween spirit. For your spooky enjoyment: ZUCCHINI FRIES (but you can call them Zombie Fingers). Get in some veggies, reduce sodium in your diet, and still feel great about yourself after you eat the whole pan. Here’s how to make them:
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced into skinny sticks
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs (Panko work really well)
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, set aside.
- Mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk the two eggs.
- Dip the zucchini sticks into the eggs then the bread mixture and place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Optional: once cooled, dip the fries into your favorite sauce.
Elana Ginsburg, Lifestyles Center Intern
Katy Osborn, Peer Educator