TUESDAY RECIPE: SNICKERS CARAMEL APPLE SALAD
Have a lot of apples left over apple picking? What about Halloween candy? If so, you’re in luck! This week’s recipe uses both of those to make a treat that you can share with your friends.
Makes 12 servings
- 6 (2 ¼ ounce) Snickers candy bars, chilled
- 6 apples, cored and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) container of Cool Whip
- 1 (5 ounce) box of instant vanilla pudding (just use the dry mix, do not prepare it) or 1 (5 ounce) box of butterscotch pudding mix (just use the dry mix, do not prepare)
- ½ cup caramel ice cream topping (optional) or ½ cup caramel apple dip (optional)
- ½ cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- Mix Cool Whip and dry pudding mix together.
- Chop apples and chilled Snickers.
- Mix together.
- Heat caramel sauce in the microwave just enough to drizzle it.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over salad and sprinkle peanuts on top.
- Chill for at least an hour and then enjoy!
Emily Klingbeil, Peer Educator